Purchasing digital products such as antivirus software was a tiresome task before! Usually, you would get one license key that needs to be entered during the installation. Not just that, the key was to be kept all the while — as we come to the case of re-installation or device change. Obviously, it isn’t an easy thing to remember that 16 or 24 character-long key in your memory or elsewhere.
As an alternative to the outdated method, however, Bitdefender has brought a Subscription System for its various antivirus products. In this article, we will talk about the different aspects of this subscription systems and why it is better than license keys. So let’s see what is actually Bitdefender Subscriptions Vs License Keys.
The Problem with License Keys
As we said, it’s pretty hard to manage all the license keys you have for different software products. From the editors to fully-fledged antivirus suites, you used to have lengthy license keys to take care of. Of course, this method has lots of disadvantages from the usability point of view. In most cases, the license keys would be emailed to you and you’ll have to keep them in someplace safe. The keys need to be produced during the installation of your antivirus suite. In every re-installation you do, you need to re-enter the license keys. Sometime it is possible that your key gets distribute over internet or someone guess it and your key can get blocked by the vendor because using it on many systems.
- 5 Tips for Choosing Best Antivirus Program
- Is Bitdefender Free Antivirus Really Works/Worth?
- Why You Shouldn’t Install More Than One Antivirus Program?
That having said, things may become worse. For instance, suppose you lost the license keys from where you’d stored them. Only some developers provide an option to regain license keys using the email address. Even when you have a feature to do that, it’s quite tiresome in the long run. Also, license key-based purchases are not that useful either. In short, we can say that license keys are not that impressive.
Bitdefender Subscriptions Vs Bitdefender Central
It’s been a while that Bitdefender products shifted into the subscription system. The process is simple enough. When you purchase a Bitdefender antivirus product, you don’t receive a license key. Instead, your email address would be linked to the corresponding Bitdefender Central account. Bitdefender Central is the centralized platform that can get you necessary information about the products and services you own.
After you have downloaded and installed the Bitdefender Antivirus Product, you need to log in using the Bitdefender Central account. Then, all the required data about product will be synchronized. The details include the time left, nature of product and available features too.
Advantages of Bitdefender Subscriptions and Bitdefender Central
Indeed, there are various advantages why you should prefer Bitdefender Subscription system to license keys. It isn’t just a matter of user-friendly behavior. The notable features are as follows.
- In Bitdefender Central, you can know about all your subscriptions! It does not matter whether you’ve bought Bitdefender Total Security or Bitdefender Mobile Security, all the subscriptions will be listed there. You’d get necessary information such as the duration of your subscription.
- If you are using a multi-device package, you can know about the existing devices in use. You also get to know how many devices can be protected thereafter.
- You can also access features such as Parental Advisor and Tech Assist from Bitdefender Central. Both these options are useful from the management point of view. In short, you have a centralized platform for smooth management of security products.
- The subscription system is much secure than the license key concept. First of all, you need not to keep a big list of license keys. Everything is kept in the top-secure servers of Bitdefender and are retrieved when they’re necessary.
It needs to be noted that all kinds of Bitdefender products are listed there. Suppose you have Bitdefender BOX in the subscription list of yours. You can manage that, right away from the unified dashboard. In addition, it’s a good place to download the installation files too.
So, we’ve talked much about Bitdefender Subscription system and its various advantages. No doubt, it’s better than what most other software developers do. And, it’s a fact that some retailers of Bitdefender are still relying upon keys for distributing their software. Nevertheless, when you purchase Bitdefender Antivirus from official site, what you’ll get is a Bitdefender Central subscription. In the end, this concept makes enough sense for usability and safety. What do you think about it?