- What kinds of information are collected from readers of Antivirus Insider?
- Why Antivirus Insider collects information from readers?
- How do we use the collected information?
- Security of information we collect?
- Do readers have a choice regarding the data collection?
- Are there any third-party connections involved?
Now, we will move on to answer these questions one by one! We hope you can have a clear idea about your privacy, at least in the long run.
What Kinds of Information are Collected From Readers of Antivirus Insider?
As you visit different parts of Antivirus Insider, you would be asked to provide different kinds of information. Notable ones in the list are as follows.
- Personal Data
Details about an individual reader are categorized under Personal Data. Suppose you are going to comment on a post in Antivirus Insider; then, you will be asked to enter your email ID and your name. Similarly, you may be required to provide details when you’re signing up for our newsletter or some other deals we might have for you. In some other instances, however, you will be required to link your social media accounts, including Facebook or Twitter or Google+. If you go for that option, we won’t have direct access to the details. On the other hand, it all depends upon the kind of privacy setting you have chosen for the specific social networking platform. That having said, when you enter your email address directly, Antivirus Insider has access to it, right away.
- Technical Information
So, these are the two kinds of information we collect from Antivirus Insider! Now, we have the most-asked question.
Why Antivirus Insider Collects Information From Readers?
Most of you would be having this question in your mind, why we collect this information. The notable purposes of doing so are:
- Through the information we collect from users, we are able to find out major interest of visitors’ community. Suppose most of our readers are focusing on antivirus software tips rather than standalone comparisons we publish; we can understand this trend from the information we collect, which then can be made to reach an impressive decision. It is based on these information that we decide where we should improve our services. Also, the data helps us to find new areas, where we can expand our services to. For instance, if readers have been regularly searching for a forum, where they can ask questions and get answered, we may be interested in creating one for our readers.
- As we said, record will be kept when you try to contact us through the Contact forms or other methods. This data is used for a variety of purposes, such as to let you know when there’s something to be known. If we’re, for instance, conducting a giveaway or something, you should be notified using the email address you gave us. Altogether, this record of constant contact would be useful in maintaining the rapport between readers and us. Also, if there are some regularly asked questions or doubts, we might think of writing a post for that.
- Ensuring quality of our services is yet another intention of data collection. When you give genuine comments and suggestions about Antivirus Insider, we take it as a great inspiration to improve our services. Antivirus Insider is nothing without you, readers, you know.
- Analysis of recorded data may be used for advertising purposes, in some situations. In order to give you ads & search results in the best possible way, the collected information may be used, in the fullest form.
Security of Information We Collect? Do We Share?
You can be quite confident when it comes to the safety of information you give us. Let that be email address / name, we try our best to make sure that it is stored in the safest possible form. Also, we don’t disclose the information in most scenarios. However, given some special conditions, the data may be shared with other firms or individuals.
For instance, your information may be given to research analysts when we want to improve our services. Also, if we are to collaborate with a different company or organization, the data will be shared, in accordance with the terms. It needs to be noted that our readers will be notified about the change whenever such a change takes place. During an organizational-level change, both technical and personal data may be handed over.
There are some other instances when Governments interfere with the use of data! If there’ an order or request from Government or governmental authorities regarding the disclosure of information we collect, we would do that. All of these would be based on our jurisdiction.
Despite the fact that we try our best to get best safety for your information, some scenarios require you, readers, to be known about what you provide. For instance, the comments you publish in the commenting section of post will be visible to all the visitors of post. So, your scrutiny is required before performing certain actions.
You have Choices
You have some choices when it comes to the information you provide to Antivirus Insider.
- You have the option to update your information if you think the one you have given is wrong or has problem in it.
- You also have the option to replace information if the one given before is no longer relevant or need change.
- You have the freedom to cancel the subscription of Antivirus Insider if you don’t think you need it.
- You have the option to remove or temporarily block cookies that may naturally be stored in your hard drive, during your visit of Antivirus Insider.
Want to Know More?
If you have some doubts regarding this policy, you can use the Contact Us page of Antivirus Insider to know more. Do feel free to ask us.