Recently, we had done a comparison between Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Total Security! The comparison was totally necessary for most people, we believe. For starters, it’s hard to choose between two of the most popular security software from a popular developer like Kaspersky. We’d compared both good and bad aspects of each package to get our readers a clearer idea. Today, we are here with another notable comparison, between Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security.
As you may know, both are paid security software. So, chances are, you’re in confusion even when you have decided to purchase a premium package from Kaspersky. We hope this brief comparison will help you choose the best. We’ll be following the same structure that spots down the common things and unique features.
Common Features in Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Internet Security
It doesn’t matter which one you purchase; you’ll have the following features for sure.
- Kaspersky Security is common for both the software packages. By this, we mean the powerful set of algorithms and malware definitions created by Kaspersky Labs. As you may know, Kaspersky Labs is a trusted developer and research organization in the world of cyber security. So, when you have got Anti-Virus or Internet Security installed, you don’t have to worry about almost all types of malware. This include spyware, adware, viruses, Trojans, ransomware etc.
- Unaffected Performance makes sense when you need best protection results. It doesn’t matter how high-end or basic your PC is; Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Internet Security will optimize the software for better performance. Practically speaking, you won’t see any type of slowdown or crashes.
- Intuitive User Interface is another awesome feature of both Kaspersky Anti-Virus and IS. You do not need to have any previous experience with antivirus software. All the same, you can get started with these two Kaspersky products and get things done.
If you are concerned about these three prominent aspect, there is no point in making a certain choice. That having said, there are some features you will not find in Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
Extra Features in K Internet Security – Why Have the Upgrade?
If you really need the following features, you will have to stick onto Kaspersky Internet Security suite.
- Multi-Device Support is something cool than you expect. You don’t have to purchase individual apps for your Windows, Mac and Android devices. Instead, a single purchase of Kaspersky Internet Security does the job for you.
- Privacy Protection Features are something superb for those who live in Web. These features will let you escape from a variety of Identity Theft scams and frauds. In short, you can be sure that your data is solely yours.
- Money Protection section of Kaspersky Internet Security is dedicated against online banking as well as shopping threats. By enabling this option, you can say a goodbye to phishing, hacking and others in digital threat world.
- Last but not the least, we have Parental Controls in the Internet Security suite. For parents who are conscious about their kids, it’s a way to know their world of Internet. You can also restrict their view and activities in a Windows or Mac device.
We suppose the list of extra features is clear to you. Now, we will have some face-to-face comparison of the Anti-Virus Vs Internet Security duo.
Let’s Talk about Pricing
Obviously, you would be concerned about how much you pay! Let’s have a look on the pricing tables of both the tools. It needs to be noted that Kaspersky Internet Security is multi-device, while Anti-Virus is not.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is available for $39.99 when you want to protect one PC for one year. If you like the same protection for two years, you just need to pay $54.95. Depending on the number of devices to be protected, there’s a hike in the pricing.
On the other hand, Kaspersky Internet Security needs you to pay $59.95 per year for protecting one device. If you like to protect up to 3 devices for one year, you will have to pay $79.95. Here too, you can see the gradual increase in pricing. However, the difference is that you can protect your Mac, PC and Android using this package. One more good news is that, we have coupon codes for Kaspersky all versions that can save 50% money.
However, it’s worth noting that both prices can be altered if you use the right discount codes and promotion deals.
Let’s Make Decisions – Kaspersky Antivirus vs Kaspersky Internet Security
If you use your Windows PC without Internet connection, the Kaspersky Anti-Virus suite would suffice all the needs. You can get anti-malware and virus protection. You will also be protected from usual offline threats, such as Trojan Horses and Viruses.
Check features comparison. Now that you have an idea, we can cross-check and decide.
On the other hand, if you use Internet on a regular basis, it’s best to go for Kaspersky Internet Security. We’d suggest almost all the features — including Money Protection and Parental Controls — are essential for one common web user of today. And, you have to pay just $20 more to have all these features. We also found a notable perk, namely the multi-device support.
We hope this helps you to choose the right product you really need. Do let us know if you still have doubts on the selection.