It’s always good to keep your system away from viruses. But, when you find the system infected with a virus, sometimes you choose to reboot into a rescue CD followed by running a full virus scan. Bitdefender Rescue CD is a tool that scans your system for free and with automatic updates, new viruses and threats are also detected by the scanning engines. By following this method, your system will be safe from future malware attacks. If you don’t know how to Clean your system using Bitdefender Rescue CD, we have given an in-depth tutorial below.
Clean Your System Using Bitdefender Rescue CD
Even with the presence of a number of antivirus programs in the market they might fail to detect and remove viruses and malware. So, trying out Bitdefender rescue CD is highly recommendable to solve any problems related to viruses. Here’s how you can do it:
Download and Burn the Image
The first and the foremost thing that you need to do is, visit the Bitdefender rescue CD website and download the latest version of Bitdefender rescue CD by using an application to burn that ISO image file to an optical disc. ImgBurn is most recommended but there are plenty of ways available to burn an ISO to a disc.
Download and Create a Rescue CD
You can create a rescue CD or USB drive to boot from, or you can download UNetbootin and apply it to generate the bootable flash drive by just clicking Diskimage followed by browsing to the location of the downloaded ISO file. Select the drive that you wish to write the image to and follow the instructions:
- Once you are done by dropping the disc in the drive and have rebooted, you will see a window displaying the menu which will allow you to choose the language that you would like to start with or else you can boot from the hard drive normally. We will surely choose Bitdefender rescue CD and start with it. (The menu will look as per the windows version you are using, so without any doubt click on enter with your preferred language).
- If the disk boots straight into graphical interface then it’s well and good or else you need to log in with the username “livecd” followed by typing startx at the prompt to begin the GUI. Even after doing this, it doesn’t work then you need to try out with the other version from their official site.
- Once you have successfully launched the graphical interface, you will notice a window on your screen which is Bitdefender downloading the latest version.
- If you feel that the resolution is small, navigate to menu of Bitdefender, select settings > display, to adjust the resolution.
- Once the application is completely downloaded and license agreement is accepted by you, the scanning will begin immediately. After the scanning is done you can utilize the tool in order to clean any virus and malwares.
So you have it: a tool that can detect any kind of virus or malware in your system and disinfect it. Just make sure to download the proper protection once you have cleaned up everything. Whenever, you face any kind of virus or malware attack, just clean your system using Bitdefender Rescue CD.